New Midland Catering recognizes the importance of environmental protection and will comply with all environmental legislation, regulations and appropriate codes of practice relating to the processes and activities of the company.
It is the company’s objective to co-operate and maintain good relations with all regulatory authorities. It is the declared policy of New Midland Catering to carry out all reasonably practicable measures to continually improve its environmental performance.
Wherever possible, the company aims to:
- assess the environmental impacts of the company’s activities during the manufacture of its products.
- reduce the amount of waste produced.
- reduce the consumption of raw materials, water, and fuels.
- reduce and/or limit the discharge of pollutants to water, land, and air.
- use recyclable and renewable materials in place of virgin products where possible
- limit the noise in and around the site, and lessen the risk to employees and members of the public from processes and activities associated with the company.
The company will foster environmental awareness and understanding in all employees, suppliers, customers, subcontractors and other stakeholders.
Where practicable, the company will provide information and assistance to customers on environmental issues arising from its products and services.
It is the policy of New Midland Catering to report publicly on its environmental objectives and performances at regular intervals.